Friday 21 November 2014

Piazza Grande


had a bite of supper at an agreeable little Italian bistro or café called Piazza Grande last night.

It's located at the children's playground in Plaza de Los Niños, Corralejo.

There was intended to be a live musician, though inclement weather called that off.

So I ambled inside, took a pew, and ordered a G&T


The menu is on a blackboard.

In the interim the bar staff placed a complimentary plate of garlic pizza slices beside me.


After some perusal I went for Granny's Raviolacci, three very large pieces of pasta with salty, though tasty, bits of bacon, or its Italian equivalent, atop.

The nosebag was quivering with anticipation, given that I had a hearty appetite on this occasion.

I overheard two other diners inquiring as to the name of the red house wine, so it must have been acceptable to them.


The bill, including two Beefeater gins and another basket of garlic bread, came to €21.

No comments :