Tuesday 22 October 2013

La Taberna Revisited



I  revisited La Taberna this evening and opted for two starters, viz. the prawn cocktail and the spaghetti bolognese.

Juan greeted me like an old chum, as did the other staff. La Taberna is located at Calle Hernan Cortes in Corralejo.

Having provided self with a sizeable Beefeater gin and tonic, I perused the menu.







I've enjoyed La Taberna's prawn cocktail before, a true classic. Tonight was no exception: juicy large prawns, the traditional tangy seafood sauce, lettuce, and a few chunks of pineapple.

They always bring you a perfectly fresh bread roll with their magnificent alioli sauce.

My second course consisted of spaghetti bolognese, and I was not disappointed. This was more akin to a main course than a starter.

It had good flavour and the old nose-bag was in overdrive by this stage, though the gnashers had it easy.

The bill came to about €24, including the Beefeater gin.

I endeavoured to find Dovela, a restaurant recommended to me by a regular reader, Hernandez; though it seems to have finally closed down.

I looked for Dovela on Calle Iglesia and on the sea-front, in vain.

No comments :