Thursday 15 November 2012

Spartan Eason

I was in town briefly today, researching Doneraile Court and the St Legers.

Later I ventured in to Eason's store at Donegall Place, Belfast.

The ceiling on the ground floor appears unfinished: Bare concrete; ugly pipes, ducts, ventilators and wiring can be seen.

Is this their idea of a state-of-the-art shop? A sales floor without a ceiling?

Eason's appear to have removed the ceiling since it was occupied by W H Smith.

Furthermore, the floor is as basic as that of a butcher's shop.

Quite deplorable; so awful, in fact, that I shall avoid the place until such times as a ceiling is constructed.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I think the whole chain has gone downhill. I had a similar experience in WH Smith in Glasgow this Summer, on the way to the Highlands. Quite awful. VC