Saturday 25 August 2012

Night in Town

I've had a great evening in Belfast. Having indulged in several snifters at a city centre bar, I walked over to Bedford Street, to the Ulster Hall, where I enjoyed a BBC Invitation Concert, produced for BBC Radio 3.

The conductor was the excellent Howard Shelley OBE. Works by Sibelius and Vaughan Williams featured. The Ulster Orchestra is such a wonderful establishment.

After the concert, I jumped into a cab and went to a charity "do" at the Belfast MAC, which is located behind Belfast Cathedral.

A jazzy quartet ~ or was it a quintet? ~ played for us. My cousin once removed, Michael, played percussion; and his girlfriend, Jess, sang. How marvellous.

I told Jess that we must sing a duet!

Paul and my cousin Alison very kindly gave me a lift home.

No comments :