Tuesday 7 December 2010

Success!


I am presently on the Stena Plus lounge and I can recommend it thoroughly. I was invited to enter the lounge and I have free leather sofas, newspapers, wine, snacks, canapes, sandwiches and a hot menu. The staff are most courteous and I cannot speak highly enough of them.

The ferry sails at 19:55 hours.

My journey from Edinburgh to Stranraer has taken six hours non-stop, the worst conditions I have experienced in my life. -12 degrees Celsius. Feet of snow on motorways.

I had a restorative in the North West Castle Hotel in Stranraer and watched the Curling players from the lounge-bar.

The new two-seater is wonderful; so smooth, refined and excellent. It will require a wash, though.

Hopefully I'll be home before 22:30 hours.

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

When you say "invited," do you mean you haven't paid? We always use the Plus; particularly because the plonk is free (used to be anyway).

W.

Timothy Belmont said...

I hadn't paid! The charming girl saw me and invited me up to the saloon! :-)

I've had a few modest red wines, great service and a good meal.

No complaints at all and I've emailed Stena Line too.

Sandy said...

Obviously your stately bearing counts for something, they must have recognised class.
Or else it was for your own protection.

Glad to know you are (nearly) back home safe. The TV coverage has shown some appalling conditions.

Anonymous said...

Were you loitering by the entrance? Haha. They must have recognised your lordship! I feel like a mug for paying.

W.

Timothy Belmont said...

I was wearing a very heavy, fawn, British Warm overcoat and reasonably well dressed.

The lady waitress saw me, we smiled, I inquired about dinner and she invited me up!

Total Transparency. I tell it as it is.

Anonymous said...

lol at least you have been looked after xxx safew home xxx J.

Alan in Belfast (Alan Meban) said...

Glad you made it to the ferry - and fell on your feet into the lounge. Happy motoring.

Sharon Owens said...

They must have mistook you for royalty, Tim!!! And worried some tanked-up rowdys would throw you overboard... Good result!!!