Wednesday 29 September 2010

Corralejo: I

Corralejo: Day One; or Letter From Corralejo.

I am presently - at eight forty-five - sitting on a sunny terrace viewing the isle of Los Lobos and the old harbour of Corralejo, Fuerteventura, Canary Islnads.

I had an uneventful and smooth enough journey yesterday. First port-o'-call must be the supermarket in order to procure a bottle of Tanquerey, a juicy lemon and some sparkling tonic water.

I've become fond of the cafe condensada served to locals here; which reminds me, I have to buy some thick, condensed milk.

3 comments :

Peregrine's Bird Blog said...

All right for some!!!

Good to meet you on sunday.

Craig

Joe said...

Nice place , bit windy for me , off shortly to Lanzarote for some Oct sun have a look here http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/canaries/C1958.htm, Regards Joe

http://www.niphotos.com

Timothy Belmont said...

Hi Craig!

Sunday, Historical Killyleagh; Tuesday, sunny Canaries!

I'll kep an eye out for little gerets, hoopoes et al. :-)

Joe, it was quite windy at the beach today.