Wednesday 30 December 2009

The Ultimate Mattress?



I have used the same bed and mattress for my slumber for as long as I can remember; since time immemorial. I have never given a second's thought to purchasing a new one. Why should I? The present one seems comfortable enough to me and I've never had cause to complain. No sore back, or anything else.

Nevertheless, I was intrigued to see what was on offer at the bed store beside my health club this morning; so I popped in to have a look.

One particular bed drew my attention, manufactured by a company called Hypnos. Its price, however, astounded me: £2,300 for a single, three-foot bed. And that was the sale price.

I think we can safely assume that these are considered to be "the Rolls-Royce" of beds. Are they really worth the price? Mind you, bearing in mind that some of us spend a third of our lives in bed...

No comments :