Sunday 29 November 2009

London Flights

I've been having a quick look at the various airlines and flights from Belfast City Airport to London. FlyBe remains competitive, it would seem; British Midland - BMI - is another option, though availability and flight times are naturally a factor. A flight at 06:50 in the morning wouldn't be my first choice, lest it were literally free, or a couple of quid.

The other factor to take into account is the journey from the airport into central London; so it is the overall figure, including taxes and flight times, that is of more relevance to me. I may well be able to get a flight from one airline that costs £51 return; though the onward trip by train could cost another £20.

Incidentally, a small hotel in Bloomsbury - a part of the metropolis still largely owned by the Duke of Bedford, it seems - which attains a high rating on TripAdvisor, has caught my eye: the Ridgemount. I am a great believer in TripAdvisor, by the way. I invariably check a hotel's ratings with them before I book anywhere.

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

The Ridgemount is right on a busy road (Gower St) and very close to a big hospital so you might want to pack some ear plugs if you stay there!
I see Easyjet are soon to fly from Belfast City to Luton, which is only 30 minutes train ride into Central London. I fly a lot with Easyjet and recommend them - they have none of the deficiencies of R*anair, in that they actually treat their passengers as human beings!
J

Timothy Belmont said...

I've studied all the Tripadvisor comments! Cognizant of this, I've requested a room facing the back garden! I'm never without ear-plugs since I'm a light sleeper.

Tim

Anonymous said...

That hotel looks a bit grim, Tim! Doesn't your lordship have a house in Belgrave Square, or even a mansion flat of Park Lane!?

I had a (smallish) London flat in a nice area until the property boom; thankfully I sold out at the correct time!

W.

Timothy Belmont said...

Belmont House in St James's was sold ages ago.It's now an embassy. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ha, very good! I hope you had an up-and-coming artist in to capture the rooms as they were!

W.

Timothy Belmont said...

Alas, doubtless the Adjekashzis have made an utter mess of the old girl. ;-)