Wednesday 26 November 2008

Twinings Everyday Tea


We quite often vary our tea. I'm too lazy to bother making tea the traditional way, with tea leaves; so we use tea-bags instead. We have been using Sainsbury's Gold Label blend recently.

We required more tea-bags the other day, and I noticed Twinings Everyday tea on the shelves - the packets which are yellow with gold and black lettering. The verdict? Very good. The best cup of tea I've had for a very long time. I'm no tea expert. I can say, though, that it had a good depth of flavour and the bag infused quickly.

I think we'll buy the largest packet - 240 bags - the next time. I'm pleased with it and intend to stick to it.

I've been on Salt Island for most of the day, so I'll write about that tomorrow.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I purchased a box today, on your recommendation. It is good indeed! I keep it in my desk, away from the colleagues!

Timothy Belmont said...

It's pretty good, isn't it? I'm no spring chicken, as they say, and I've tried a fair deal of tea in my time.

Auntie Mollie made real tea; the kind a spoon could stay vertically in. Twinings is close to it!

I've posted something more about it today.

All good wishes,

Tim