Thursday 9 October 2008

Booming Belfast


Despite feeling somewhat off-colour - I blame it on a dodgy meal or glass whilst on holiday - I arranged to meet up with a former colleague in Belfast at lunchtime. The proliferation of new hotels in Belfast is astounding. There seems to be a new hotel built around every corner these days.

We met, as usual, at the Mermaid Tavern in Wilson's Court. I just had a glass of port. Tim - my namesake - told me that his father had passed away in early September; and that Tim had been preoccupied with tying up loose ends - cancelling pensions etc. He went on to tell me that he received an invoice from the TV Licensing Office a mere two weeks after his Dad's death.

Tim said he's been to a new establishment, near Saul in County Down, called Paddy's Barn and he had been most impressed by it; so much so that he's staying there on New Year's Day!

No comments :