Wednesday 19 December 2007

My Spaghetti Bolognese


I made the most delicious Spaghetti Bolognese this evening. It's not authentic, it's my own home-made recipe and I made it as follows:-

I used a small, non-stick saucepan and fried 250g of lean mince steak till browned; then I took the mince out on to a plate and chopped up a rasher of bacon with scissors, frying it till crisp; then to this, I fried a small onion with two cloves of garlic. When this was cooked well, I added sugar to taste and a dollop of honey (my v sweet tooth!); and added the mince to the onion. I seasoned this mixture and added a teaspoon of Dijon mustard, a tablespoon of rich ketchup and basil. Finally, I added a small jar of original Dolmio sauce. I simmered this mixture gently.

In a large saucepan with boiling, salted water I cooked 150g of spaghetti for about ten minutes. Then I added the sauce to the drained pasta and mixed it all up in the saucepan the American way! I topped this with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

I served this on hot plates with a garnish of chives and cherry tomatoes. It was one of the very best I have ever tasted. This is sufficient for two.

No comments :