Friday 28 December 2007

Insurance Anxiety

I've been causing myself needless anxiety today over the annual round of Insurance Renewals. Our home insurance and car insurance both expire in January, so I have been shopping around on the web, at the library reading the Which? magazines and at the local broker.

I must have spent hours doing this; an added complication being that we were burgled a few years ago, and our car was stolen too.

When completing some insurance forms it's easy to feel that you, the innocent victim, are partially culpable and, accordingly, must pay for the crimes.

I think I may well give the business to our local broker; a spot of help from them could have been useful at the time of our burglary.

I have also been pondering over which health/leisure club to join: I've discounted Avoniel Leisure Centre which would cost me £29 per month (even with restrictive use of the pool); I rather like the CIYMS gym, though it is rather basic especially compared with David Lloyd's gym. I was a member of Fitness First for a year and didn't like the atmosphere there. I've also visited the NI civil service club at Dundonald, which is OK but has no pool.

That leaves Esporta, David Lloyd and Castlereagh leisure centre. The former two must be about £50 off-peak, which I think is very expensive at £600 annually. Castlereagh is about £23 a month, or £280 annually.

Decisions, decisions...

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

I am a member of Esporta and my wife is with David Lloyd. I won't join hers because mine is literally on my way home from work and I know if it was further out of the way I wouldn't go. She won't come to mine as she likes the tennis at David Lloyd (but her membership increases to £76 per month for having that facility) and thinks the pool in Esporta is too small.

She is probably right. I like the pool in Esporta though as it has a more pleasant ambience, more for relaxation than activity. The pool in David Lloyd is more like a council leisure centre pool, but the outdoor one is lovely in the summer and overall it's a larger and probably better equipped centre than Esporta.

Anonymous said...

Hello colleagues, pleasant article and pleasant arguments commented here,
I am actually enjoying by these.
My web site ; Auto Insurance Comparison